Sunday, January 29, 2012

Chores, round two

New year, new goals, right? The girls decided they wanted to start doing chores... again. So I pulled out their cute little chore charts that I made them last year, re-assembled them (because, of course, they were played with rather than used for their intended purpose), and put them back into circulation. How have they been doing? They didn't even last a week. Round three? How do you keep your kids motivated to do chores?
 Ella and I made this cute castle (not loving the hamster sticker though), stuck it on a box and then made the following chores...
 We taped them on popsicle sticks and then put these princesses on the other end...
 Every day, when she completes the chore, she flips the the stick so the princess is facing up and is happily enjoying her castle. At night, she flips them back so the pictures of the chores are on top. 
 Ya, she looks excited about doing the chores in this picture, but like I said, she did them for a week and hasn't done them since.
 Brooklyn's are the same as Ella's, except hers are frogs instead of princesses. I don't think Brooklyn has done one chore yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment