Friday, August 10, 2012

There's Something In The Oven

Baby #4 is in the oven and you're not even going to believe what it is... IT'S A BOY!!! Holy cow we are all freaking out, shocked beyond words, and so excited. What in the world are we going to do with a boy?

Yesterday, Ryan and I went to the ultrasound together - no kids this time... they wanted us to surprise them. The very second the ultrasound tech put the camera on my belly she said, "Oh, WOW! Yep, it's definitely a boy and HE IS NOT SHY!! Sure enough, this little guy's legs were spread eagle with a little something extra in the middle. Ryan went completely silent and I kept saying for the next 15 minutes, "no, way... no way!  Are you sure? Seriously, it's a boy?" However, there was no mistaking what we were looking at!!

After a very long period of silence I looked over at Ryan and said, "well, say something." "I can't believe it's not another girl," was all his state of shock could answer. Then he said, "now I'm gonna have to go on all those week-long cub scout campouts."

Our shock kinda overtook our excitement that it is a healthy little boy, but don't get us wrong! We are VERY EXCITED. A little more testosterone in the house will do us much good!

Ryan got home from the hospital before me and immediately the girls started asking him what was inside my belly. Of course they all three wanted another girl and kept telling Ryan that they REALLY hope it's not a BOY!  So, to surprise them, I made them close their eyes and hold out their hands. On the count of three they could open their eyes. When they did they all three had a blue frosted donut sitting in their hands. Ella said, "Are you kidding me? It's really a boy?" Brooklyn said, "I don't want a boy." Kendall just stuck the donut in her mouth and gobbled away.

Over the course of the evening, we tried to convinced them that a boy is going to be so great and I think they are starting to come around to the idea. So far the suggested names are:

Ella - Brave Boy Brave "because boys are usually really brave" (Hmm, with three older sisters, tons of pink and lots of dolls, I'm not sure how brave this kids is going to be!)

Brooklyn - Russel "because boys like to wrestle"

Kendall - Jame (that's about all I could understand of what she said)
 Ella's initial shock!
 Brooklyn saying, "oh no, a boy?"
Kendall's just happy to have a treat in her hands to eat.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Ash and Ryan, that's so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo! Connor will have a boy cousin on the east coast! :) Even though he adores his "girl" cousins! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A BOY!!! I am so shocked too, and so happy for you guys! You are going to love it. Can't wait to call and catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Cow Ash!!! Congrats to you guys! Lindsey told me all about your exciting news!! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete