Tuesday, September 23, 2014

The First One's Gone!

Brooklyn lost her very first TOOTH Friday night, which made her the happiest First Grader at the Back-to-School Picnic.

She'd been complaining for days that her tooth was wiggly and hurting, and that she couldn't bite into anything. I offered multiple times to pull it out for her, but instead she asked me to dice up all her food so it was easier to eat. Well, at the Back-to-School picnic we were all munching on pizza and peaches when she forgot about the dicing part and bit right into a peach. The tooth came out and stuck in the peach. When she went to take another bite, she saw it sticking out of the peach. She was sooooo excited and happy. 

I convinced Brooklyn to let me put it in my pocket so she wouldn't lose it on the playground, which she reluctantly did, but she brought every one of her friends and classmates over to me to show them her itty bitty teeny tiny tooth.

That night her tooth fairy came and delivered a cute book about how hard it is being a tooth fairy, some magical fairy dust to help Brooklyn have happy dreams, and a $5 bill. Brooklyn woke up Saturday morning at the crack of dawn to race into our bedroom to show us what her tooth fairy left. So far the magical fairy dust hasn't been scattered all over the place! We had a close call though Saturday night. We had a group of kids over the other night and I heard one of them say to Brooklyn, "sprinkle it all over me so I can fly." =-) I put my foot down on that one real fast!

I know from experience that once the first tooth falls out, they all start popping out like crazy, so the tooth fairy had better be prepared for anything at any time!

 The missing tooth left a gaping hole the size of Texas in this kid's mouth… 
 The tooth must have been in those gums nice and snug…
 I love this picture cause she's still holding the tooth-extractor (aka, the peach) in her hand… 

No comments:

Post a Comment