When Brooklyn ran into the house to tell me that Kendall was walking up the hill because she was runny away, I grabbed my camera. Kendall did not think it was funny that I was taking pictures of her...
Me: Kendall is running away... well, walking away from home very slowly. She made it two houses from ours before she sat down on the grass to rest. It's a shame none of you are close enough to give her a lift.
Grandma Asay: We hope she's heading our way and we will meet her half way. What made her decide to leave home? We will take her anytime!
Me: I'm not sure where she got the idea to run away from home, but she's been in her room for the past hour in time out for throwing a major fit and acting like a spoiled brat! Next time you come to visit, will you just take her home with you? That is if she lives that long.
Grandma Sugar: I'll come get her. Have her sit there for the next 7 hours till I can get there. Hard to believe that sweet child could be anything but perfect.
Ryan: I hope she'll at least send a postcard.
Me: Well, she came back for a minute because we looked in her bag to see what she decided to take with her to run away, and she had no food or water. We suggested she should take some. She's loaded up her bag now with those items and has headed out again. I'll keep you posted.
Grandma Asay: Sounds like a lot of fun at your house - better than school any day!
Grandma Sugar: Has she made a plan for where she's going to live?
Me: She took the orange electric car this time. Luckily, Ella had the good sense to follow her. Kendall almost made it to the neighborhood entrance before I caught up to her in my suburban. She's home now, but I'm not sure for how long this time.
Grandma Sugar: Hmm, what a fun day. Is Ella cracking up?
Me: Yes! The rest of the kids can't understand why she would want to run away. They don't even want to leave home for college.
Ryan: Can we bribe her into staying with a puppy? Or, at least talk her into being adopted by a family in the neighborhood so we can still see her at the bus stop?
Grandma Sugar: I'm thinking the grandmother needs to step in and take her home.
Ryan: I'm in the process of working out a six-year-old swap with a coworker.
Grandma Sugar: Does the grandmother have any say in the decision making??
Grandma Sugar: Oh great. That was a good decision on her part.
Ryan: So I should terminate my negotiations? Or are you still interested?
Grandma Sugar: I'm totally interested. Can you end the negotiations? I should also mention that she will be returned when it's time for college.
Ryan: With a big check?
Grandma Sugar: NO.
No comments:
Post a Comment