Friday, March 9, 2018

Birthday Surprises for Sugar!

My amazing mom turned 70 on March 4th, and her awesome friends Susan Brown, Nancy Berge, Barbie Boyle, and David Vermilion decided to surprise her with a birthday luncheon at a cute restaurant in downtown Phoenix.

I was so excited to witness the surprise and flew to Mesa for two days just to see the look on her face when she figured out what was going on. And boy was she surprised!

My mom's friends know how to throw a party! The room looked so adorable covered in red, potted geraniums and framed pictures of my mom growing up. Even our clothes matched the theme as everyone at the party was asked to wear RED, my mom's favorite color. The food was amazing, too, especially the coconut frosted cake!

It was so much fun visiting with some of my mom's long-time friends that I hadn't seen in years, as well as my sister and sister-in-law, and my hilarious aunts. I'm so grateful I got to be a part of my mom's special day and to hopefully make turning 70 even more fun!

My mom was so surprised when she walked into the restaurant and so surprised to find me there, too... 


Red geraniums and "70" straws on the tables...

My mom was such a beautiful baby!...


I absolutely love looking at these old pictures of people I love so much!...

My mom looks like she's 15 here, but she's not. She's already married!...

Nothing says romance like catching some stinky fish when you're young and newly married. Way to go dad...





Still the beautiful amazing woman she's always been! Happy 70th Birthday, Mom!!... 

No comments:

Post a Comment