Tuesday, September 15, 2009

First day of pre-school and playgroup

Ella started her second year of pre-school yesterday. Pretty exciting for this almost four-year-old who is Miss Social Butterfly! I'm excited to have her back in school, too. Not because I love having one less child to entertain for a few hours, but because it's so exciting to hear all about the things she did and learned that day. I LOVED school, and maybe my excitement for Ella has something to do with that fact. Am I living vicariously through one of my children? That's scary.

Brooklyn and I walked Ella to school (which is one of my most favorite things about living in the Boro), where we met some of her old and new classmates at the front door. I was just able to snap a few pictures of her before her teacher opened the door and she ran inside. Of course, Miss Independent didn't bother kissing me goodbye or anything. Instead, I had to yell her name at the top of my lungs to which, she turned around briefly and gave me a huge smile.

That was it. I didn't cry like some moms do, and I don't think I'll be the type that ever will, even when she starts kindergarten or 1st grade (college?... hmmm, maybe). To me it's not sad... it's the excitement of knowing she's on her next big adventure.

After dropping Ella off at school, I took Brooklyn to her first playgroup. I used to take Ella to the same one when she was Brooklyn's age, and now it's Brooklyn's turn. The funny thing is, when Ella was in this playgroup, she was the only girl out of 10 boys. This time around, it's all girls. As you can imagine, it was a totally different dynamic, and despite being exhausted (she's still transitioning to one nap a day) I think she had fun.
Ella is so excited to start school. I hope she keeps up the enthusiasm throughout the year.
Never mind the fact that I didn't get a single hug or kiss goodbye.
Okay, I guess this cute smile makes up for it. Thanks Ella.

Here's Miss Brooklyn sitting patiently in her little chair and waiting for story time to begin. I've never seen her sit still for so long... of course, I think it was about 1.5 minutes. A world record for her.
Brooklyn's two best buddies. Both girls have older brothers that go to school with Ella.
Craft time at the playgroup.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for preschool! Hooray for play group with just ONE kiddo! As I'm typing this, Brody just said, "Mom, AA looks like a HOBO!" "Mom, what does a HOBO mean?" After I explain it to him he tells me to erase it! "O.K." I say!! Yea right!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, Ash! The girls are adorable. I can't believe how big both of them are. Izzy was exactly the same way as Ella. She just runs off and I am saying her name and eventually, i get a smile! Brooklyn is beautiful, just like her big sis and mama!

    ReplyDelete