Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas Day 2009

I love Christmas day. Not only do you get to see the absolute joy on your kids' faces when they come downstairs and see the gifts under the tree, but you get to eat like a pig, hang out in your pajamas all day long (oh, am I the only one who does that?) and play with all of the new and exciting surprises Santa brought the night before. What could be better than that?

This year, Ella asked Santa for Legos. I don't know how she got introduced to Legos (her friend Michael I think), but that's all she wanted. And, she got them... and, I had a huge Lego headache all Christmas day while helping her put together the new Lego house and horse stable she got.

Brooklyn, of course, can barely talk and didn't ask for anything, so she got a trike from Santa.

Ella and her Lego sets. Santa didn't mess around. She wanted Legos, and she got Legos.
My Aunt Lisa and Wendy sent the girls these adorable backpack/rolling bags. Ella's was an elephant and Brooklyn's was a giraffe. Inside they got a book and Zuh Zuh pet. Brooklyn's not in this picture because she wouldn't stop walking around the house with her new rolling bag.
This is how we stayed all day - in our PJs. I didn't even wash my face or brush me teeth all day. Yuck! I haven't done that since Ryan and I backpacked for two weeks across Vietnam five years ago.
Brooklyn couldn't quite figure out the wrapping paper thing. Good thing Ella was always there to help out when needed.
The kids got "Band in a Bucket," which was so fun. Lots of musical instruments. After opening gifts and eating breakfast, we all went "caroling" around our house while playing something from the bucket.
Grandma Sugar sent these cute monkey trays and cups to the girls. Brooklyn is soooo into monkeys right now.
Sugar also sent a Zuh Zuh pet car and garage, as well as an exercise ball.
Brooklyn loves the apron and rolling pin Sugar sent, too. She wanted to wear it all day. I would have, too, if it was mine. It is so cute.
Ryan and I gave the girls this Learning Tower kitchen stand since they seem to like to help out with everything I'm doing in the kitchen. I figured it was safer than chairs. The girls LOVE it and have pretty much made their own meals since it arrived. Love that.

Assembling Legos. Ryan looks like he's having fun, doesn't he? He probably has a Lego headache, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment