Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Brooklyn Starts Preschool

Today was Brooklyn's first day of Preschool and she was soooooo excited to go. While the other 17 kids in her class were screaming, crying and being pried off their mothers, Brooklyn walked right through those big red doors without even looking back. I was so proud of her!

And, happy and excited for her, too! My feeling is not sad like some of the other moms. My feeling is... finally it's HER turn. Her turn to do something fun like her big sister, and to do it alone. Finally we're walking HER to school, picking out snacks when it's HER turn to bring them, and baking treats for HER birthday celebration in class. Finally it's HER turn to go on field trips, make new friends and have fun holiday parties. We're talking about how HER day at school went and what book HER class read on the reading rug.

So, you see why I'm excited? It's Brooklyn's turn to thrive and I think she will. When I picked her up from school she ran out the door with the biggest smile on her face. She told me all about the skunk at her teacher's house, how she was having so much fun playing that she didn't have time to eat her snack, and how some of her classmates never stopped crying.

Oh, Brooklyn! I'm so happy for you and hope you love school as much as you did today.
Last week, Ryan, Brooklyn and I went to orientation at Brooklyn's school. While the kids played (or cried) downstairs, the parents met with one of the teachers for an informational. Brooklyn, as you can see in this picture, was so happy to be at school and was begging to stay at school once the orientation was over.
Brooklyn couldn't wait to wear her new first-day-of-school outfit, so she actually wore it the day before school started. That's okay, she looked cute anyway and the shirt and shoes were new at least.

If these shoes don't scream Brooklyn, I don't know what does! She picked them out and she loves them!
It just so happens that our morning schedule works out great - we walk Ella to her bus stop and then walk Brooklyn to preschool. Kendall and I have two mornings a week to hang out together now, which is great.
Running out of school with plenty of stories and excitement from her first day.
Brooklyn and I on our shopping and ice cream date. She told me she was so excited to make new friends at school. I didn't dare ask if she was scared or nervous about going to school cause I didn't even want her to think there was any reason to be scared or nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment