It's not that we don't absolutely love and adore our cute little historical house here in the boro. It's got so much character and charm (and annoyances), we have loved being able to walk around town to all our favorite places, and we have such great neighbors. However, we have outgrown this house by at least one child and it was just going to get even smaller by adding another in two months.
I can't wait to see how things go in our new house. It's got tons more room and a huge backyard for the kids to play. Ella can even stay at her "favorite" school. I hope we like it and don't feel so secluded from the world. It's in a great neighborhood and the house sits in a cul-de-sac, which will be so nice for bike riding and playing.
It took months of house hunting, negotiations, and paperwork nightmares, but the house became ours this week and we couldn't be happier about it! With Sugar out here helping us pack, clean and move, it was a smooth transition and one I NEVER want to do again!
Welcome to our new house (these pictures are from our showings - we had at least four on this one house alone - so the furniture shown in the pictures is not ours) ...
Front view...
Side porch steps leading to backyard...
At the bottom of the hill in our backyard looking up at the back-side of our house...
Our first visitors were actually a flock of turkeys, so I think these deer are our second set of guests...
To the left of our house is another big green grassy area perfect for practicing soccer or playing softball games...
Back porch overlooking our big green backyard, the forest and creek. The kids are going to love having a creek for catching fish, frogs, waterskeeters, etc...
Second half of back porch...
Top half of back porch coming off our kitchen...
Family room (not our furniture). The room is huge, especially compared to our old family room, and I'm already starting to wonder how I'm going to fill all this space with furniture? We literally own one couch and two chairs. But, oh boy, I can't wait to have all the extra room for playing, games, movie nights, etc...
Other side of family room. So excited about having a fireplace, even if it's just gas (which is actually much easier and cleaner than a wood-burning fireplace)...
Eat-in kitchen table...
Kitchen. I am soooooo excited about this huge kitchen AND island. It's a dream come true! I'm hoping this beautiful kitchen will make me want to cook more...
Yay!!! I have a mud room right off the garage. Another wonderful blessing! There are hooks for coats and scarves and cubbies for shoes and boots. Love Love Love! ...
Standing in the kitchen looking towards our front door...
Living room. See our awesome real estate agent, Keith Harris, standing in the dinning room?...
Bedroom #1 is enormous. Ella and Brooklyn are both sleeping in here. It has room for two queen/king size beds, two dressers, and has two small walk-in closets (something we've missed all these years in our Main Street house, ALONG with overhead lighting.)...
Bedroom #2...
Bedroom #3 (which we'll make our guest bedroom) shares a Jack and Jill bathroom with bedroom #4 below...
Bedroom #4 is currently Kendall's bedroom but will soon be switched over to our new little man's bedroom...
The master suite is also huge! Not sure what we need all this space for, but I love it!...
The master suite has this little sitting room that I have no idea what we'll do with, but it leads into the bathroom...
The master bathroom needs some work! It's outdated, but should work for a while while we work on some other rooms in the house and repaint EVERYTHING!...
I'm hoping I'll actually get a chance to get in this jacuzzi tub at some time in the future, but it's not looking likely!...
Kendall is sweeping the floors, during our showing, from the master suite and down the hall to the other four bedrooms. The kids' bathroom is on the right...
While I'm THRILLED the laundry area is on the second floor, I was hoping in my next house it would actually be a room with more space to fold and hang clothes. You can't have everything though, and this is one space I was willing to compromise on because I LOVED the rest of the house...
The Jack and Jill bathroom between the guest bedroom and the baby's room. I didn't take a picture of it, but the shower on the opposite side of the sink is enormous. The whole family could shower in it together - if we were weird like that, which we aren't!
The kids' bathroom needs some serious work - and not just the color! It will be the first room we gut!...
Yikes!!...
Saying goodbye to our old house on Main Street was so bitter sweet. It had all the charm and personality you could hope for in a house within walking distance to friends, food, shopping, etc, but I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to the extra space, extra bedrooms, additional bathrooms, better parking, overhead lighting, closets, etc. I will always love this house - it was our first and where we started our family - but I could hardly wait until they handed us the keys to our new house and said "it's all yours."...





























No comments:
Post a Comment