I seem to have a problem with melting things in the oven when I'm trying to cook a turkey (well, and other things if I'm being honest). Last year it was the meat thermometer, which wasn't actually a leave-in thermometer like I thought. This year it was the plastic lid that came with the tin foil turkey pan. It was stuck to the bottom of the pan and I put it all in the oven without even realizing it was there. You can imagine the smell and smoke that resulted from a lot of melted plastic. Luckily it didn't make the turkey taste bad.
Brooklyn, Ella and Connor on their annual Thanksgiving backyard adventure. No little critters made it back to the house this time, thank goodness.
Enjoying delicious pie - Fruits of the Forest (my all-time favorite), a home-made pumpkin pie, and a cheesecake sampler from the Honey-baked Ham store. Top it all with Bryers ice cream and home-made whipping cream! Delish!
Anyone up for a game of Mormon Bingo?
Layne and Ryan just hanging out and catching up on all the Asay family gossip.
Hudson taking his sporty two-door for a ride, which he learned is really hard to do with mittens on.
Ryan and Hudson in the backyard trying to figure out why we get so much water pooling on the grass. Luckily Layne was there to teach us a few things, dig us a trench/water drain, and save us about $3,000 in the process. Nothing like putting your Thanksgiving guests to work! Funny how Layne did all of the digging, but somehow Ryan came back home covered in mud. Hmmm, interesting story there.
My 30 minutes out in the cold and I'm ready to head back inside for hot chocolate and more pie! Anyone with me?
On Tuesday, Kendall had her Thanksgiving program at school. While the kids and costumes were adorable, the entertainment was less than entertaining. Kendall just stood there and wouldn't sing the songs or do any of the actions. Yes, this is the same girl that sings and dances around the house ALL day long and asks me to video tape her so she can watch herself. Little stinker!




No comments:
Post a Comment