Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Frozen

What is it about the movie Frozen that has my kids totally obsessed? I mean seriously, those songs are so etched in my brain that I'm going to have to have them surgically removed by a brain surgeon. Even Hudson has started singing "Let It Go." Kendall has every word and action to every song memorized… it's starting to freak me out!

And, what is it about Elsa? Why does everyone want to be Elsa? Is it her magical powers? Her long white braid? The songs she gets to sing? What about Ana? She's cute, nice, funny, carefree, the hero of the whole movie, and she gets to hang out with a pretty cute and charming ice deliverer … so, what's not to love about her?

But no… everyone wants to be Elsa, including my three girls. In fact, the debate over who gets to be Elsa in our family got so heated one night that it finally came down to holding "Elsa Auditions." Yes, that right. My three girls auditioned to be the family Elsa (sorry Hudson, we had to remove you from the audition list because it was freaking your dad out. However, you are getting really good at singing "Let It Go."Keep up the good work =-)

So, Ella, Brooklyn and Kendall sat me and Ryan down on our front door rug to be the judges. They climbed the stairs (our snow covered mountain) while singing "Let It Go," and tore off a glove and set free their cape at the right moments in the song. It was wonderful except…

Our girls CANNOT SING, DANCE, OR ACT in the least bit. It was frightening and absolutely hilarious. I really wish I could have recorded the whole thing. Being the great mother that I am, though, I constructively criticized… I mean critiqued... each performance and decided in the end that the final decision could not be made until more practice was had by all wishing to be Elsa. And, after they all went to bed, I decided I should probably sign them up for singing/acting/dancing classes right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment