Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Creek Creatures

It's officially Spring here in PA - FINALLY! Heaven knows after that long cold Winter we've earned warmer weather, green grass, blooming flowers, and leafy trees. The kids and I have been spending most of our free time down in the backyard creek where we've discovered snakes, frogs, salamanders, water gliders, fish, geese, and other creepy crawly things so far this season. I even discovered our first tick of the season on little Miss Kendall this morning as we were walking out the door to go to school. Those are seriously disgusting little creatures. I guess that means with Spring finally here, the daily full-body tick searches are back, too!

Ella and some of her neighborhood friends catch the first snake of the season...
 Ella and Brooklyn discover our first ever salamander… very cool!...
Kendall and Hudson love splashing in the water...
 Hudson could spend all day throwing rocks into the creek...
 Somehow this girl comes back to the house soaked from head to toe every time...
 Out for some water adventures… lead the way Ella...
 I'm not convinced it's warm enough for swim suits yet...
 All the bad weather this Winter has caused lots of downed trees in the backyard forest...
 A very feisty goose we encountered on our journey back to the house...

No comments:

Post a Comment