Pumpkin picking at our favorite farm...
Hayrides and snuggles with dad included...
Picking out the most perfect pumpkin for each of us... (although this is not the pumpkin Hudson came home with)...
Ella usually picks the heaviest...
The lot we chose (including Hudson's final choice - the tiny one he's holding)...
Carving our best faces...
And playing with slime...
And offering a little help for those who can't stand to touch the slime...
Playing dress up on Halloween night. Catwoman, Pocahontas, a dinosaur, and a mermaid...
Along with our finished jack-o-lanterns...
Brooklyn was so excited to be Cat Woman, even though I don't think she has a clue who "Cat Woman" really is (I don't really either!). All she said when I asked her about her costume choice was that some friend of hers was Cat Woman for Halloween last year and she loved the costume. So Cat Woman she was...
Kendall couldn't decide between witch or mermaid. When she saw the mermaid costume she said, "yes, yes, yes, that one!!"
What historical figure could be better for Ella to be than Pocahontas....
So Hudson and I were roaming around JoAnn fabric about two weeks before Halloween when I saw this green scaly fabric and thought it would be perfect to use as Kendall's mermaid tail. Once it was in the shopping cart, however, I said to myself, no, this looks more like a dragon or dinosaur. Hudson piped up and said, I want to be a dinosaur. I bought just one yard of the fabric hoping he would forget about it and still dress up as a Jedi, but every day he asked me if I'd made his dinosaur costume yet. Needless to say, I threw something together to his liking...
As much as I wanted him to have a long dinosaur tail, he asked for a short one. It was hilarious the way it wiggled when he walked...
On Halloween night we met up with all the other little kids in the neighborhood to go trick-or-treating. This was the first year we (I mean Brooklyn and I) made it to every house in the neighborhood. Kendall and Hudson pooped out after about half, and Ella ran off to trick-or-treat with her "older" girlfriends...
This is the most beautiful time of year...
I really want to beg those leaves NOT to fall off their trees cause that would mean WINTER is here... and that's definitely NOT my favorite season!!











No comments:
Post a Comment