Friday, June 28, 2019

Summer Road Trip - Lake George, NY

Ryan and I visited Quebec City, Canada fourteen years ago and I absolutely LOVED it! More specifically, I loved Old Town. It was like strolling along the old cobblestone streets in France and it just felt magical. Since then I've been saying, "I can't wait to go back." And go back we finally did!

Only this time, Ryan and I had a little more baggage =-) Four kids and six suitcases later we were loaded up in our new and improved Suburban (thank heavens for the DVD player and audiobooks) and hit the road. I couldn't wait to show them the cute little city of Quebec.

But nine hours in a car is a long way to go with four kids... it's a long way even for grown ups! So, we decided to break up our trip a bit and take our time getting there. Our first stop was Lake George, New York.

Why Lake George? I have no idea. It was Ryan's idea and he had heard great things about it. So we stopped there for two nights and had a fun time walking through the cute town, swiming in the lake, hiking to amazing views on Prospect Mountain, and most especially, swimming at the hotel pools (why do the kids always want to just swim in the hotel pool for hours on end?!?!)

Our hotel in Lake George, the Holiday Inn Resort Lake View, was pretty cool (even if it didn't really have a "lake view"). They had a beautiful outdoor pool, giant chess board, corn hole, putting green, basketball court, fire pit, and more. They also had an indoor pool, sauna, and arcade. There were tons of organized activities going on throughout the day for the kids like scavenger hunts, and various competitions. They had s'mores and "dive in" movies at night. We really didn't need to leave the hotel at all and honestly the kids would have preferred it that way.

Ryan, Hudson, Ella and Brooklyn playing 'chicken' in the outdoor pool ...

I love it when these four are getting along and happy!!...

Look at us!... We survived the first stop on our road trip...

Dinner at the Moose Tooth Grill (their homemade rootbeer and BBQ sauce were excellent!)...

Hiking on Prospect Mountain...

Getting a good look at the view (or Hudson's face) from the top of Prospect Mountain...

The hilltop view of Lake George...


Swimming and playing at the "beach" on Lake George...


Meeting small little friends at the pond...

No comments:

Post a Comment