Monday, August 10, 2009

The Liberty Bell

Last week the girls and I went to the Philly Please Touch Museum. We got there and the line to get in was wrapped around the very large building and not moving (apparently it was $2 admission night... who knew?). So, I thought, no problem. The Philly Zoo is right around the corner. It was closed. Adventure Aquarium? Closed. So, what else could we do but hit rush hour traffic driving through downtown Philly to get to the Liberty Bell. We arrived and guess what? They were actually still open. Yeehaw! As I was trying to get a picture of Ella and Brooklyn by the bell, Brooklyn quickly climbed under the security rope and just nearly touched the Liberty Bell before the security guard grabbed her and scared her to death. The rest of the crowd gathered around the bell were quite amused by the fact that Brooklyn was that close to touching the bell. She also may have become the first one-year-old sent to prison for touching the bell, too.

Ella doing her best to keep Brooklyn IN FRONT of the security ropes. Maybe they should put the bell in a glass case or something because the security ropes sure look pretty wimpy.
After Brooklyn recovered from the shock of having a strange man grab her, I thought it best to be in the picture with the girls so as to not have any more crimes committed.
Now, does this look the face of a criminal?
Brooklyn making her escape. =-)

Ella took this picture of Independence Hall where the Declaration of Independence was signed.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I miss Philly. Nick and I use to have a membership at the Please Touch Museum. The kids LOVED that place. They have shows there too, which if your a member you get to get in the line that gets in first. Hope you guys are well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like Brooklyn would fit right in with the murraycanes. I remember being at the Liberty Bell with you guys when J and A were still being carried around. Fun times. Josh and Abby want me to write "we miss you ella". TTYL

    ReplyDelete