Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Giving Thanks

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I thought I'd write a few things I'm most thankful for...
  • my happy, healthy family;
  • my husband's job;
  • the roof over our heads, the clothes on our backs and the food on our table;
  • my church, my Heavenly Father and my Savior;
  • this wonderful time of year;
  • my car, washing machine, dishwasher, iPhone, computer, digital camera, and all other electronics I rely on daily;
  • my crockpot and Swiffer vac (I know their electronics, too, but they deserve their own bulletpoint because I love them that much)
Okay, this is a very short list. Obviously there's a whole lot more I'm thankful for, but that would be a very long blog post.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Getting ready for the big Thanksgiving Day.
Ella and her best friend give eachother big hugs after their school Thanksgiving program.
Ella in her pilgrim hat waiting for a sample of the soup she and her classmates made at school. (I know, I look scary.).
Ella singing in her school Thanksgiving program.
This is Ella's class' Thanksgiving quilt. Each kid was asked to decorate a square with something they were thankful for this year. So when Ella brought her square home I asked her what she was thankful for and this was her list (in order):
  • Gabrielle (her best friend)
  • her bike
  • dancing
  • singing
So, on her square we tried to incorporate all of those (except Gabrielle because I couldn't figure out how to do that). In case you can't tell, the square is of Ella riding her bike in her ballet clothes, while singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment