Saturday, November 21, 2009

MIA

I feel like I've been MIA the past few weeks. I just haven't felt like blogging, even though there is so much going on around here. Too many other things to do... I just can't seem to find the time to do it all and still get enough sleep to function properly the next day.

Plus, I got a new calling at church and it is already taking up every spare minute of "free" time I have, which isn't much to begin with. Primary President seems like a really big and scary job, one I'm not sure I'm cut out for. I always though these kinds of callings were for old people, too. (I guess this just confirms the fact that I am old!) However, my Bishop has assured me, despite my protests and concerns, that he is not asking me to be Primary President, the Lord is. Well then, I said, I guess I'll be Primary President!

I almost committed a serious crime within the first few minutes of being Primary President though. After I was sustained in my new calling, Ryan, who was conducting Sacrament Meeting that day, asked me and the old Primary President to come up and bear our testimonies. I almost killed him. He knows NOT to call on me to do stuff like this... I've threatened his very life before. Of course I had no choice, so I did it, and let me tell you I can't remember a single thing I said. Ryan's still sleeping on the couch because of it (well, not really, but he should be!).

Following church, my Bishop gave me such a great blessing - everything I needed to hear and every blessing I will need to help me fulfill this calling. I hope I don't mess up too bad. If any of you have any great words of wisdom or advice, I'm all ears.

I guess I'll get back to work now. This was very therapeutic... I should do it more often. Oh, and since I haven't downloaded any pictures lately, I'll post a few from Halloween and our apple-picking outing a few weeks ago.

Ella has this thing where she won't look directly at the camera. It's weird!
Brooklyn picked up off the ground every ugly, bruised, mushy apple she could find (and there were plenty). Yuck.
On the hayride out to the apple trees.
Ella's class all dressed up for Halloween.
There, she finally looked at the camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment