Monday, April 19, 2010

Brooklyn Turns Two

Brooklyn turned two yesterday and we had so much fun celebrating the big birthday. The festivities started first thing in the morning when Ella began belting out "The Happy Birthday Song" just as we were opening Brooklyn's bedroom door to get her out of her crib. (Nothing like scaring the life out of your little sister at 6:30 am). We had yummy waffles covered in strawberries and syrup, but minus the whipped cream because Brooklyn HATES whipped cream! She also tried to opened a few presents from mom, dad, Ella, and the grandparents, but Ella thought she was going to slow so Ella basically opened most of them... thanks for your help Ella! =-)
Yesterday afternoon, we had a little "Royal Garden Tea Party" for Brooklyn in our backyard with just a few of Brooklyn's friends and their older siblings. I made them all crowns to wear and had costume jewelry, feather boas, and ties for the boys so they could dress up like queens and kings. The little girls were totally in to dressing up, of course, while the older boys were more interested in banging each other on the head with golf clubs and giant blow-up hammers and wrestling in the bouncy. As you can imagine, the difference between male vs. female was quite obvious at the party. It was funny, though... the boys were crying because they were beating each other up and the girls were crying because their bracelets kept falling off or their feather boas weren't on right. Brooklyn had a MAJOR meltdown because her new princess shoes wouldn't stay on her feet while walking around in the grass. It was hilarious.

Despite the wardrobe malfunctions (and once we got rid of the blow-up hammers), the party was a lot of fun and I think Brooklyn had fun hanging out with all the kids.
The birthday girl all dressed up and ready to party.
I love this picture of our neighbor, William.
Ryan, despite having to take a taxi home from work because his car died on the side of the road, actually made it to the party just as it was getting started. As you can see, the older boys were glad to have a man around.
Let the tea party begin.
Yes, these are the infamous shoes that caused the major meltdown. Grass and a two-year-old in heels don't mix.
Once the gifts were opened, Brooklyn spent the last few minutes of the party on her new cell phone.

So, what more can I tell you about this little two-year-old? She still doesn't talk much, although she's definitely making progress, so I'll have to give my best guess on some of these questions...

Favorite food? It's probably macaroni and cheese, but she also like having grown-up dinners (which means she usually ends up eating my dinner rather than what I order her off the "kids menu"). She's at the age where she's willing to try most things and even likes most vegetables.

Favorite drink? Milk, although I think she's allergic to it. She also likes my Sonic Cherry Limeades, which is weird because Ryan's the only one who usually drinks soda and Ella WILL NOT TOUCH THE STUFF!

Favorite color? I don't think she has one yet, but she knows how to say yellow and that's what usually comes out of her mouth when you ask.

Favorite toy? She loves to dress up in tutus and jewelry and pound away on Ella's Leapster. She also loves dolls and books and is usually holding one or the other throughout the day.

Personality? YES!! and tons of it. She's feisty to say the least! And, despite the fact that my friends and family think Brooklyn is a doll, she is a little stinker at home. She also tends to cry A LOT. If you tell her "no," even in your nicest voice, she'll burst into tears. I guess that makes her sensitive, too!

Best friend? I'm guessing it's Ella, but she also loves her friend Alyssa and Alyssa's mom, Allison.

Babysitter? NO THANKS! She still cries when Ryan and I leave her home with a babysitter, but at least she goes to Nursery without any tears.

We love you Brooklyn! Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment