Ella had "Wacky Wednesday" at preschool. Of course, the girls and I had fun dressing Ella up for the day, but once we arrived at school we realized we may have been a little more extreme than the other kids. I love this age because Ella didn't care at all that she was dressed far more "wacky" than any of her other classmates. In fact, I think she loved it. I wonder if one day she'll be embarrassed... hmmm, probably not.
As I was doing Ella's hair, Brooklyn was waiting in line very patiently for her turn. So, we made her hair wacky, too. I'm bummed that Ella is missing her hot pink feather boa in these pictures because it just made the outfit that much more wacky.
What a cutie pie, don't you think?
Here she is with a few of her classmates (and hot pink feather boa). Thanks Ryan for going to the extreme, too, by wearing your Buzz Lightyear PJs. Most of the other kids wore funny hats, miss-matched socks or nothing wacky at all. Yep, we went all out!
Ella wanted to pick up trash on Earth Day, which I thought was a great idea until I saw some of the trash left on the streets, sidewalks and playgrounds. Yuck. I talked her into starting our annual fruit and vegetable garden instead. Of course, it's still to cold to plant anything outside, so we always start our seeds like this:
Unfortunately, Brooklyn was already dead asleep for nap time so she missed out on the planting ritual. I wonder how long our garden will last once we're able to plant it outside? The deer, squirrels, groundhogs, rabbits, birds and insects living in our backyard usually devour it all before we can.
I hosted book club Thursday night. Have you read The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls? Hmmmm, didn't like it, but we sure had an interesting conversation about it and everyone else seemed to love it!
The one book you HAVE to read? The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Oh how I loved it. Tomorrow I'm going to pick up book #2, Catching Fire, at our library and I can't wait to get started.
Cute pictures Ash! I love Ella's wacky day outfit. You guys should read 'The Help' if you haven't read it for your book club yet. I'm half way through so far and love it!
ReplyDelete