Have you ever been so proud of your children that you just cry? That was me Saturday night at Ella's very first dance recital. My heart was so full of joy, love, happiness, pride and laughter that I just cried. Am I weird, crazy or just pregnant? I'm not sure, but what I do know is that Ella was the most adorable little four-year-old up there on that stage, decked out in her costume, make-up and hair, dancing around to the song "Do-Re-Mi." I was beyond proud!




Saturday night's dance recital was a big deal for Ella! For weeks now she's been begging to dance on stage. She couldn't wait one more second (or attend one more boring dance class). So, while some of the other kids were having panic attacks and dreading the minute they would have to step foot on that stage, Ella was beaming! She was in her element. She performed like a superstar and her bright red lipstick smile never left her face the entire night. She loved every minute of her stage time and hasn't stopped asking when she can go back on stage and do it all again. She's even offered to endure another whole year of dance classes (as long as she can take soccer, too).

After enjoying Ella's great performance in the dance recital, Ryan, Brooklyn and I took her to Friendly's to celebrate with dinner and ice cream.
I think this proud mom will be attending a few more dance recitals in the future... and not just Ella's. Here are a few moves Brooklyn picked up while watching the recital.
No comments:
Post a Comment