I love the month of May. I know, most people hate it because it seems to be a very "busy" month, but that's kinda why I love it. In addition to the beautiful blooming flowers and trees, I feel like the whole month is just one big celebration!! It starts with Mother's Day, then our wedding anniversary, then my birthday. Plus, it ends with a day off of work for Ryan for Memorial Day. It's also the last decent month of weather before things start to really heat up, and it's finally safe to plant our summer vegetable garden. So, what's not to love?!
Now it's June... what's so great about June? It's sweltering hot already, I have five cans of sunscreen in every bag and purse I own, there are wet towels hanging on our back porch railing, I have six pieces of chlorinated swim suits wadded up in the bathroom sink, sticky popsicle stains everywhere, and don't forget the bug bites... Hmmm, I think that's why I'm missing May.
There is light at the end of the tunnel however... our trip to D.C. this weekend, our trip to AZ and Denver in one week, and the beautiful fireflies lighting up our backyard right now. Maybe June isn't so bad after all.
Ella's pre-school put on an adorable Mother's Day program this year. The kids made tissue-paper wrist corsages for all of the moms to wear and then sang a few songs like "You Are My Sunshine," "I Love You," "What a Wonderful World," etc. They also did actions to each song they sang, which made the whole program even more adorable. I can't wait for Ella to watch the video of her performance when she's a teenager.
Ella also made me this cute Mother's Day card with her hand prints.
For my birthday, Ryan and the girls took me to one of those hibachi grills where they cook the food right in front of you. It freaked Brooklyn out at first, but Ella thought it was the coolest thing ever. She now calls the restaurant the "Crazy Food Place." Can you see our onion ring volcano on the grill?
Can you believe this little two-year-old is eating with chopsticks?! Who knew she would be such a pro at it!?
How fun! Richelle and I always talk about how cute your family is and its just gonna keep getting cuter with another cute little girl! Happy belated birthday :-)
ReplyDeleteI love these pictures. You all look so great! Can't wait to hear about the new baby...coming soon!
ReplyDelete