Just 2 1/2 weeks to go until baby #3 arrives. I can't believe it. There's so much to do and all I can say is, "mom, can you come sooner?" I can't wait until she gets here because she gets things DONE! Actually, she's kind of a slave driver. She has me working right along with her until the minute I go into labor and then the minute I walk in the door from the hospital - new baby in tow.
When Ella was born, we walked in the door from the hospital, walked right down the street to our local deli for sandwiches, then we drove across town to the nearest Pottery Barn to pick out a new dinning room table and chairs.
When Brooklyn was born, again, we walked in the door, headed to the deli, and then on to Pottery Barn to pick out a new couch.
Not to worry, my mom does everything else while she's here - meals, laundry, decorating, sewing. It's awesome.
This time around I need help putting our house back in order. While we were on our trips to Arizona and Denver, we had some construction work done to the inside of our house to make room for the new baby (and to cover up some crumbling ceilings - sheet rock makes an absolute mess!). The new hallway we built gave us another bedroom on the second floor - perfect for Ella and Brooklyn once the baby is ready to move into the nursery. Now we all have to be shuffled around into our new bedrooms and bathrooms, which is a pain!
So mom, if you're reading this, don't forget to pack your hammer, nails, level and whatever else you need to help us decorate our new bedrooms (luckily, you can leave your sewing machine home). At least the house doesn't look like this anymore... although, it's not much better even now.
No comments:
Post a Comment