Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sesame Place

Just four days before Kendall was born, my mom, Jim, Ella, Brooklyn and I braved the off-the-charts heat and humidity for our first trip to Sesame Place. Can you believe this water/amusement park is only 10 minutes away from my house and we had never been before?! Sad, I know. The worst part is I've been promising Ella I'd take her there for nearly three years now and Brooklyn for about one year. I'm so glad my mom and Jim helped me finally make good on my promise to them.

Sesame Place was an absolute blast! The girls had a ball and we all stayed nice and cool in all of the water play areas! Sugar and Jim were the lucky ones and got to take Ella and Brooklyn on all of the rides for me, because apparently women who are supposed to give birth at any minute aren't allowed to go on any of the rides. Lame! That's okay, I got to splash in the water with them and get soaked at Count Dracula's Castle.

We saw Elmo, Cookie Monster, Zoe, Bert and Ernie and all of the other Sesame Street characters during the parade, and we were lucky enough to get pictures taken with Bert and Ernie, and Elmo's best friend Zoe. (I really wanted one with Big Bird, though.) No worries. We'll catch Big Bird the next time we're there because lucky for us we bought two-day passes! The only problem is... how can I take a newborn to Sesame Place?

There was no shortage of good junk food. Dippin Dots, that yummy donut thing with the powder sugar, hot dogs, french fries, lemonade. Yep, we ate all that in just a few hours.

Elmo's best friend, Zoe.
My (almost) three little girls.
Just arrived and ready for fun.
Leading the way to the front gates are these squares with all of the characters' footprints. Ella found her match.
Jim and Brooklyn getting dizzy. Poor Brooklyn didn't care so much for the rides. She liked hanging out in the water more.
Ella, on the other hand, loved the rides. Thank goodness Sugar was there to take her on all of them cause they don't let fat, prego ladies go on ANYTHING! Even the baby rides were off limits. You can see Ella and Sugar were having way too much fun.
Our first ride of the day. Everyone got soaked.

No comments:

Post a Comment