Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Life is good

A little harder at times with three kids, but good! Here's an update on everyone...

Kendall, who turned four weeks old on Monday, is growing like crazy and looks like a different baby every day. At her one month appointment yesterday she weighted 8 lbs 11 oz and measured 21.5 inches long. Can you believe she's gained two whole pounds and has grown 1.5 inches in just four weeks!!! Amazing if you think about it!

She's getting stronger and is able to hold her head up really good now. She makes the funniest grunting/throat clearing noises and is still the tootie bun buns queen! On Sunday she smiled at me for the first time while I was making funny faces at her. I almost burst into tears I was so happy. She also has this cute little dimple on her right cheek when she smiles.


Brooklyn has literally morphed into a little girl overnight - no longer the baby in the family. I used to think she was such a little peanut... small and fragile... but she looks enormous next to Kendall and she looks completely out of place in her tiny little crib now. (I remember Ella seemed the same way when Brooklyn was born.) Brooklyn is also trying to figure out what exactly being a "big sister" entails and how she can best help out.

She has also taken it upon herself to be the t.v. patrol. She decides when Ella has had enough and then turns off the t.v. Of course, Ella goes ballistic when she does. Brooklyn told Ella the other day that the reason she turned the t.v. off is because she needed to "pick. up. mess." that Ella left on the playroom floor. Who's the older sister here?

Ella has transformed into a teenager, it seems. She is so much help with both Kendall and Brooklyn that I worry about what I'm going to do next week when she starts school again. She's also very self-sufficient... maybe a little too much sometimes. I feel bad she doesn't get as much one-on-one time with me anymore, but she doesn't seem to mind and has really figured out how to play by herself when needed. She and Brooklyn have grown really close since Kendall was born and seem to play better together lately. I guess you have to when mommy is always busy.

Ella met her new teacher, Mrs. Vogel, today and got to check out her new classroom. She is going to have a really great year because her teacher has so many fun things planned.

Ella painted this shirt. Isn't it cute? The only problem is she used washable paint so I can't figure out how to wash it without ruining it. Any suggestions?
Ryan is just trying to stay awake, and I'm just trying to get laundry washed and dinner on the table. All in all, life is good!

2 comments:

  1. Ryan looks like he is screaming....ASHLEY....HELP! I love the updates and can't wait to meet Kendall. HUGS!
    SA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does Kendall really have a bow in her hair? And Brooklyn, a necklace? Wow Ash!!

    ReplyDelete