Ella started school today and it sounds like, from the details I was able to get out of her, it was a great first day.
It started off with a priesthood blessing from Ryan and then a "Special back-to-school surprise breakfast" consisting of breakfast burritos (Ella's favorite), fruit salad, orange julius (another favorite), and cinnamon rolls (no time for Monkey Bread). Once we were all loaded up on sugar, we headed out the door - Ella on her bike and Brooklyn and Kendall in the stroller - and we rode/walked to school (my favorite part).
We took lots of pictures outside the school and then the big red doors opened and she was gone in a flash. She has been anxiously awaiting the start of school for months now. She loves it and I don't blame her. She has an awesome teacher, some good friends in her class, and snack time... what's not to love?! I'd like to say that I hope her enthusiasm continues throughout the school year, but I already know it will. Ella loves school!
Here's to another great year!
Let the new year begin! Ella and Michael were the first ones through the school door and got to be the first ones to smother their new teacher with hugs.
I LOVE that kid. Her zest for life is awesome!
ReplyDelete