Saturday, November 27, 2010

Gobble Gobble

Thanksgiving came and went far to quickly this year. What a bummer because I love this holiday. I especially love every night at our dinner table when we go around and say one thing we're thankful for that day. The answers start off like, "I'm thankful for mommy." "I'm thankful for daddy." But once the kids have made it through all of our family members they start to get more interesting and creative. I write each person's answer down on little notecards and put them in our advent calendar. It's so much fun to look back on what we said in years past.

This Thanksgiving we were lucky enough to have Layne, Shelley and Connor Asay join us again. My girls absolutely adore these guys because they are super funny and good'ole Connor just plays and plays with them. The poor kid is probably so sore from having my girls climb all over him like he was a jungle gym.

Crazy enough we even had snow for about 30 minutes. That's never happened before, but sure was fun and great for setting the holiday mood!

Oddly enough, I didn't take a single picture, which doesn't surprise me considering I was still wearing my PJs, face not washed, teeth not brushed, hair not combed, and still cooking our feast in the kitchen when Layne, Shelley and Connor arrived. Once all of the food was ready to eat I made everyone wait five minutes so I could go upstairs and at least change my clothes. So, this year I'm thankful for Aunt Shelley and her camera. Thanks for capturing Kendall's first Thanksgiving for me, Shelley!

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. Sorry we missed all of you in Arizona this year. Looks and sounds like you still had fun without us. =-) I figured you would.
Layne, Shelley, Kendall, me, grumpy Brooklyn, Ella and Connor.
We're laughing because Brooklyn was very upset that we woke her up from her nap. You can see she wasn't up for taking a bunch of pictures.
Thank goodness Ella, Kendall and Connor were.
Little Miss Kendall... sorry I didn't take more pictures of you on your very first Thanksgiving. One day you'll understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment