Friday, July 8, 2011

Golf Tournament Results

It's the end of the week and today was the Jr. golf tournament. All of Ella's practice the past four days comes down to this. I signed Ella up to play three holes thinking that would take long enough, and boy did it ever! We both had so much fun, though, and I have to say, Ella is getting a little better at her golf game... when she actually hits the ball. Her scores on the three holes were 20-27-16.

Of course, seeing some of the other girls in her group play, it was clear Ella wasn't going to win a trophy. The winners in her group shot 19 for first place, 22 for second place, and 26 for third place - Ella shot a 63. The next closest to Ella shot a 35. So, like any good mom, I did my best to prepare Ella for the fact that she wasn't going to win a trophy even thought she wanted one soooooo badly.

Finally, the awards ceremony began. I continued eating my lunch and talking to my family... not paying one bit of attention to the announcer announcing the winners since I knew Ella wouldn't be one of them. So, you can imagine my surprise when Ella's name was announced. I couldn't believe it. I grabbed my camera and pushed my way through the crowd of parents to get a shot of Ella holding her first ever trophy. I had no idea what it was for (cause I missed the announcement and because I knew it certainly wasn't for her golf game), but obviously neither of us cared. SHE GOT A TROPHY!!

Would you believe out of about 80 kids ages 4-18, Ella won the trophy for Best Sportsmanship!? I swear it was her comment about being a dancer and not a golfer that made her stick out of crowd. Either way, she is on cloud 9 and I'm so proud. Way to go Ella!
She had no idea what sportsmanship meant. Of course she didn't care.
Look at that face! So excited!
Hanging out and ready to tee off.
Looking the part in her new golf shirt.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how you ever come back here after all the fun you have in AZ! Except to see Ryan of course. Wow, I want to belong to your family! :)
    Miss you guys, hope to see you soon. Thanks for sharing photos and stories!
    SA

    ReplyDelete