Thursday, October 6, 2011

Good bye again

Grandma Sugar and Papa Jim flew back to Arizona yesterday. The girls and I dropped them off at the airport and headed straight for ice cream to help drown our sorrows. It didn't help. While we were eating, Ella said, "mom, this isn't making me feel any better about Sugar leaving." I couldn't have agreed more!

We had lots of fun while they were here - we did a lot of antique shopping and wandering around cute little towns. We ate at fun new restaurants (and some of our old favorites). The girls helped bake chocolate, caramel and pretzel cookies, and made cute little witches' hats out of cookies, Hershey's Kisses and orange frosting. We even went to Sesame Place for their Halloween Spooktacular, which was tons of fun.

We're looking forward to them coming back to visit us again real soon. You said December, right mom?
 The last time this whole gang went to Sesame Place it was August. It was hotter than heck and I was just one day away from giving birth to Kendall. This time, the weather was perfectly Fall and I could actually go on the rides. We couldn't have had more fun.
 Note to self... Twirling Teacups are not for me (especially with Ryan driving!). I was sick for two days. I thought I was going to barf!
 Ya, that's me ready to vomit... and that's Ryan in the background bragging to Brooklyn about how he almost made her mommy vomit! I'll ride with Ella next time who thought she was old enough to ride in her own teacup. Better yet, I won't get on the dumb ride next time!
 Brooklyn always loves the Merry-go-rounds wherever we go. However, she DID NOT like the roller coaster we went on - she cried and screamed (the terrifying kind - not the kind like she's having fun) the whole time.
 Giant bouncies are also fun.
 Kendall loved the Merry-go-round for a few minutes. Then she wanted off.
 The look-out tower.
What would a trip to an amusement park be without winning a stuffed animal?!

No comments:

Post a Comment