Saturday, April 21, 2012

Brooklyn's Pirate Beach Party

Have you ever had five giggly little girls, six years old and under, in one car all at the same time - all talking WAY TOO LOUD and screaming at EXCRUCIATINGLY painful noise levels? If not then you're totally missing out!

Today Ryan and I took Brooklyn and two of her very best friends, along with Ella and Kendall, to the beach for Brooklyn's Pirate Beach Birthday Party! We played in the sand, ate lunch (well, mostly sand), ventured over to the playground, ate popsicles, helped rescue a beached dolphin (who doesn't take a pair of scissors to the beach?), and then called it a day. We had some good fun.

 I think I'm nearly deaf after sitting in the car with these five LOUD girls!
My kids could play in the sand for HOURS and not get bored.

 Within five minutes of getting to the beach, this cute little girl came up to Ella and said, "hi, do you wanna play with me." We all loved her immediately! It was perfect.
 Such a cutie pie!
 I think Brooklyn is trying to get warm in the sand.
 It was a little chilly and pretty windy, but the girls still wore their swim suits. I kept as many layers of clothing on as I could to keep warm.
 Boy, is this little girl a hoot!
 It was awesome to see so many people come together to try and save this poor beached dolphin. They used my craft scissors to try and pry a fishing hook out of it's mouth. Yes, that makes me pretty cool, too.
 This birthday girl was pretty happy there on the beach. Since her actual birthday on Thursday, she has been asking - every five minutes, in fact - what day were were going to the beach for her pirate beach party. She just could not wait any longer.
 The whole beach crew. Ella, Lyssie, Brooklyn, Ella, Kendall.
 I'm not sure why popsicles are so messy, but these girls were COVERED in Dora popsicle sticky stuff from head to toe.
 Kendall cracks me up. The minute I pulled out my camera she set her popsicle down on the table, posed like this, and said "cheese." Then, when I was done taking pictures, she relaxed, picked up her popsicle, and resumed eating.
 It looks like a popsicle eating contest... but ended up being a who-can-get-the-most-popsicle-all-over-them contest. It was a tie! =-)
 Brooklyn wouldn't even take a two second break to get her picture taken.
 Sweet little Miss Alyssa and Brooklyn have been best buds since they were born.
 Little Miss Ella is Brooklyn's newest best friend from school. This girl can out-scream Brooklyn no problem. Trust me, I know! They tried to out scream each other the whole 45 minute car ride to the beach.
 I bet this popsicle felt good on Kendall's split and swollen lip. It was gushing blood all over the place after her fall on the playground equipment.
 Apparently, even six-and-a-half-year-olds aren't the cleanest popsicle eaters either!
 Who knew a bike rack could be so much fun!

1 comment:

  1. Cute party idea for little girls! And should I say RIP to your ears? I guess they're ok now lol...
    kids party places nyc

    ReplyDelete