Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Kindergarten Program

Ella had her Kindergarten Program at school today and it was absolutely so cute I just cried the whole time. What it is about having my kids on stage singing that brings me to tears every time? It's ridiculous and Ryan reminded me once again that I was the only parent there in tears. Oh well. 

Since I was in charge of video tapping the whole thing, I left the picture taking in Ryan's hands. Hmmmm, maybe not the best idea! Here's what he got...

That's okay, he got pictures of the best song... "What a Wonderful World." That's the song Ryan and I danced to at our wedding, so it has a special place! What made the whole thing so cute is each of the kids colored pictures of their favorite part of the song, and while they were singing, they would hold up their pictures when they got to their part. As you can see, Ella chose the part that goes, "I see trees of green, red roses, too. I watch them bloom for me and you. And I think to myself, what a wonderful world." (The green trees are on the other side of her picture.)

Anyway, it was all so cute and fun to watch. I love these little programs the kids put on for their parents, and who knows if they do stuff like this in 1st grade. Therefore, I'm gonna cry my little heart out as much as I want before it all goes away and my kids realize they are too cool to sing to their mom and dad anymore.

After the program, there was a pizza picnic on the kindergarten playground.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment