Monday, September 2, 2013

first day of school

So far, so good. We had a great start to our new school year last week. Both girls LOVE their new teachers and Brooklyn thinks she's the coolest thing on earth now that she's at a "big girl" school. Kindergarten is already everything she'd hoped it would be, and riding the bus has proved to be sooooooo much fun. She was a little nervous to ride home mid-day without Ella to keep her company. However, when I picked her up at the bus stop she nearly bounced off the bus in pure happiness claiming she had already made a new best friend. Wow, that was fast!

We weren't sure what was going to happen with Ella this year. Her assigned teacher went on maternity leave in August and was supposed to come back in a few months. However, when we went to the open house last Tuesday, we learned that her teacher was NOT coming back at all, and Ella would therefore have the substitute the whole year. Ella and I weren't happy about that news until we met the substitute teacher. She seems totally awesome... young, cute, has tons of teaching experience, loves to play learning games, and is a hugger! I know that last one sounds a little strange, but Ella is a very affectionate child and requires hugs at all times!

Kendall doesn't start school till September 10th, so I'll write more about her first day of school later.
Ella woke up early and made a little craft for her new teacher...
 Brooklyn is way too excited...
 This is how we roll... up the hill and to the bus stop...
 All ready for school...
 Not quite ready for school...
 I think Brooklyn is saying, "I'M SO EXCITED FOR SCHOOL!!!"...
 Time to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment