His birthday was pretty low key. Since we had just had some of his friends over for our New Year's Eve party, and had finally just gotten that all cleaned up along with Christmas stuff and gingerbread making messes, I wasn't really up for another big event and making another huge mess. I know, totally lame. This is why kids hate having their birthdays around the holidays - they just get lumped together with Christmas or New Years, right?!
His birthday "celebration" also had to be moved up a day since Ryan was going to be out-of-town today. So, on January 2nd, yesterday, we had a big birthday breakfast, opened his birthday gifts (which we didn't skimp on just because we just had Christmas), and then played some games. That night we took him out for his birthday dinner to Corner Bakery, ate M&M cookies, then came home and watched Cars. I'm so grateful he's at the age still that he doesn't know any better and doesn't care that we didn't have a big party or anything.
The other day, Hudson and I were driving to the babysitter's house to pick her up and I was talking to him in the back seat. I said,
"Hudson, your birthday is coming up in just a few days. Are you so excited?"
And he responded with, "uhu."
How old will you be on your birthday?
"One!"
"No, Hudson, you're going to be two years old on your birthday."
"TWO!"
"What do you want to do for your birthday?"
"Good."
Anyway, the conversation went on and on, and he was so cute responding to all of my questions with random answers. I just love our conversations.
This boy is such a huge joy and blessing in our overly girly lives. He brings a whole new dynamic to our day - both good and bad. I love watching each of his sisters interact with him - they are all so different with him. Ella is like his second mother, and knows exactly how to work with him in a positive way. Brooklyn is like his rough and tumble loving admirer, who can also do silly things to make him laugh. She is almost like what I picture a brother would be like with him. She is always thinking of him and he is constantly asking where she is. Kendall is his little snuggle buddy. He will just randomly come up to her and give her a hug or something sweet (he also hits her all the time, so she always has to have her guard up.) Some days they play great together, and some days they are both sitting in time out!
Hudson is still my love bug, too. Whenever we're sitting next to each other, he will randomly lean over and hug or kiss me. It's so cute. Since Ryan has been home from work the past week and a half, they have really bonded. Hudson hasn't worn his favorite Sophia the First purple dress in days, and instead has enjoyed trips with his daddy to Home Depot and helping him outside with "boyish" stuff.
Okay, I could go on forever about this little boy. We love him to pieces. Most days I can't stop kissing him, and other days he makes me want to scream at the top of my lungs. I guess that's what it's like having a boy! Happy Birthday Hudson.
Hudson loves pancakes and blueberries, but he didn't understand the significance of the special "Happy Birthday" plate, so Brooklyn's explaining it to him while pulling out his birthday candles with Kendall...
Brooklyn painted Hudson several Sun Catchers...
I love that you can only see Hudson's open mouth at the bottom of the box lid. So cute. He seems really excited about the new clothes Sugar sent him...
Ella used some of her wood pieces from the woodworking kit she got for Christmas to build Hudson this train...
Hudson trying to read one of his cards...
The girls were trying to help Hudson put together his new Jake and the Neverland Pirates lego kit. He looks totally into it, don't you think? Not!...
Maybe it's because nobody would let him help. It looks like too many cooks in the kitchen to me, and so did Hudson. So when Ryan finally got his gift from grandma and grandpa set up, he left the girls behind to try it out...
This mat will keep the boy busy for many years. When the animal lights up on the main piece, you have to step on the same animal on the mat. It will be lots of fun when he figures it out...
One of the games we played was a candy game we were supposed to play on New Year's Eve. You roll the dice and whatever you roll you have to ether take a candy bar from the bowl, steal a candy bar from your neighbor, lose a turn, trade candy bags with someone, etc. It was a really fun game...
Corner Bakery dinner...
Hudson was super happy with his M&M cookie...



No comments:
Post a Comment