Ella has finally made it to the double digit birthday - 10 years old!!!! - and there's no turning back now. What a great 10 years it's been for her and for our family! Words cannot express how much we love this girl and the joy she has brought to our family. She is a great example to all of us!
Ella is smart, and while she'll gladly read ALL day and night if we let her, her real strength - come to find out - is in math. She is funny (in her own unique way), independent, helpful, obedient, talented and just an amazing young woman all around. She is totally in to MindCraft and other iPad games, and can't stop asking when she can finally get her own electronic device. (Never! =-)
Ella threw me for a loop Sunday night, and requested crepes for her birthday breakfast the next morning. Um, huh? I'd never made these before (although I've enjoyed them in France!), and had no idea how to make them. Thank goodness for Pinterest. A few searches later I was blending crepe mix at 11:30 at night so they were ready for pouring the next morning. They turned out pretty good and Ella loved them, and now I have another breakfast option under my belt!
For her birthday dinner this year, Ella requested CheeBurger CheeBurger (yes, I know, it just gets worse and worse every birthday). But, since it's the birthday girl's choice, CheeBurger it was. We gorged on delicious, greasy burgers, fries and creamy milkshakes. Then we rolled ourselves home and opened gifts. She got Legos, clothes, a string art kit, books, a watch, a worm hatchery, and a new bike.
Wednesday, September 30, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment