Wednesday, August 31, 2016

First Day of School 2016

Yikes, is Summer already over? Do we really have to start another year of school? Yes and yes, unfortunately! But, the great news is... my kids have AWESOME teachers again! I'm so happy and excited for them to get started - to fill their brains will all sorts of good stuff, get their bodies moving with all their new after-school activities, and make lots of new friends in both places. It's going to be a GREAT year!!

Brooklyn is a third grader and has Mrs. Snyder (Ella's 3rd grade teacher). As a third grader, Brooklyn is still growing in several new teeth, works VERY hard each morning picking out JUST the right outfit AND shoes, combs her hair ALL DAY LONG, still can't find a single thing she likes to put in her lunch box, has just moved into her very OWN room for the first time, is on book #3 of the Harry Potter series and is as big a fan as me and Ella, and still adores her little brother. This year, I hope she strengthens her reading and math skills, makes new friends and keeps the old ones, too, and finds new talents in that athletic, highly energetic body of hers, She'd like to be a teacher, singer and dancer when she grows up...



Ella is in fifth grade - last year in elementary school - and has Mrs. Senior. Ella still loves reading every spare second she gets, is excited for Reading Olympics this year, LOVES going to GIEP science with Mrs. Rowlands, has become interested in "movie making" with her friends at school, thinks she has seven out of the nine/ten "bad" 5th graders in her class this year, has joined a swim team, lost another tooth on the first day of school and thought she'd be sneaky and not tell her mom just to see what would happen, and is dying to learn a foreign language. I hope she keeps up her serious love of learning and has some fun along the way. I also asked her to fail all her classes this year so I don't have to send her off to middle school next year, to which she replied, "no mom!"...


It's hard to believe Kendall is already in first grade with Mrs. Marchese (Ella's first-grade teacher). Seems like she was just getting ready to start Kindergarten. Kendall is beyond excited to lose her first tooth this year - and she finally has one that's wiggling!! She is so friendly to everyone that it's a little frightening, she is so cute and so super sweet and kind (or just the complete opposite), she loves going to school and her reading skills are getting so much better, she's got lots of spunk and a little sass, and she's still as slow as always - especially in the bathroom - and still loves to sing while she's in there. This year, I hope Kendall can work on her independence and speed, as well as her reading and math skills, enjoy all of her cute, sweet friends, and learn how to dance (she might be my only hope). I know she's going to have a fabulous year! Kendall would like to be a magician and an "art guy" (I think she means an artist)...


Hudson on his first day of pre-school. Wow, all four kids in school this year, what am I going to do with all my free time! This boy is so different from his sisters. They couldn't wait for their first day of school. Hudson, on the other hand, wasn't that excited to go to school. The first two days he cried and clung to my leg - tight - and then was so proud of himself on Friday when he didn't cry at all. He gave me a big fat kiss on the lips and was off. I'm so happy and proud of him... that he's taking baby steps into the big world all by himself. I know he doesn't really want to, but I think he'll love it once he gets used to it. He's already been Star Student, which he loved, and gets to bring his favorite friend, Buzz Lightyear, to school with him on Friday for show-and-tell. I wish this sweet boy of mine lots of fun at pre-school and hope he makes lots of new friends. I know he's going to do great!

Hudson is a funny kid who LOVES to play with his Buzz Lightyear and Legos, which lately, he carries with him wherever he goes in a little backpack. He has just discovered he can do weird, funny things with his eyes (like below), and enjoys tooting and burping. He loves his super hero underwear, blankets, and sleeping with me (he's recently started coming into my room in the middle of the night because "he wants to snuggle" with me. Cute, right? Ummm, not so much now - two weeks later)...

 First day of school ice cream celebration. One day down, 179 days to go. I think we all wish it was summer again!...

No comments:

Post a Comment