I was amazed by the end of the first day how much braver our kids became on the rides. When we left Pennsylvania, they all said they WOULD NOT be going on any fast roller coaster rides. However, with a little persuasion (and lots of lying) the kids braved some of the fastest and "scariest" rides at Magic Kingdom. I think we all agreed Thunder Mountain was our favorite ride of the day, with Splash Mountain in second place. Others we loved were the Buzz Lightyear shooting ride, Aladdin's flying carpets, and the race car track. Unfortunately, no one was brave enough to go on Space Mountain with me - one of my favorite rides from my childhood.
We stayed until closing so we could watch the light show and fireworks, which were totally awesome, but we were exhausted by the time we fell into our pirate beds back at the hotel. Day two done!
Walking into Magic Kingdom for the first time takes your breath away. It's so beautiful and magical and happy. I'm pretty sure I teared up...
You can't even imagine how many pictures I took with Cinderella's castle in the background. I think I was more impressed with it than the kids...
Kendall... where are you?...
Okay, last one of the castle...
It was so fun to go to the Swiss Family Robinson treehouse after having watched the movie. The kids knew all about it and loved it even more...
Aladdin's Flying Carpets was a big hit...
We went on a fun water safari and our guide was hilarious...
We stopped for a few minutes to watch Captain Jack Sparrow and his side kick put on a really funny pirate training show...
The longest amount of time we waited in line for a ride was about 45 minutes. It's amazing how fast that time goes by...
Our first time on Splash Mountain was torture. We lied to Brooklyn the whole time we were in line saying the ride wasn't scary, she wouldn't get wet - just a little mist, there were no big drops, blah, blah, blah. Then we stopped right in front of this sign and she went crazy. She was terrified. So the rest of the 30 minute wait in line was her whining about how she didn't want to go on the ride. Needless to say we forced her into the car, she got totally soaked, there were a few big drops, and it was a bit scary, but she absolutely loved it in the end. She even rode it a few more times. See, it is good to lie to your kids sometimes...
This Buzz Lightyear ride was so fun. Hudson loves Buzz and loves guns so we rode this one a couple of times, too...
Could Hudson even see what he was shooting?...
So exciting to meet Buzz in person...
I think Hudson might be the worst driver EVER!!... But he sure looks cute behind the wheel...
Ella rockin' out with Mrs. Incredible - Elastagirl - at the outdoor dance party.
























No comments:
Post a Comment