Saturday, July 29, 2017

Saying Goodbye to Grandma Cecil

Within 24 hours of arriving back to PA from AZ, we found out that my beloved Grandma Cecil had passed away. It was heartbreaking for me. She had been suffering from Alzheimers for nearly eight years and had lost so much of who she was. She was not the same woman I knew growing up, and it was painful for me to see her dwindle and suffer.

One of the greatest tender mercies for me was being able to see her the night before she passed away. Ella, Brooklyn and I visited her one last time before we had to fly out the next day. Even though she was sleeping, I knew the end was near. I was blessed with the opportunity to see her one last time on this earth.

Ella, Brooklyn and I flew back to Arizona for the funeral, and as sad an occasion as it was, I was so happy to see aunts, uncles and cousins I had not seen in years. The funeral was beautiful and my mom and her three sisters gave the most amazing talks. I loved hearing all the cute, funny stories of my grandma and learning more about her life. She will be forever missed on this earth until we see each other again in heaven!



The girls got to ride in a limo for the first time following the funeral...

No comments:

Post a Comment