Once everyone arrived, the kids ate yummy hot dogs from the BBQ, veggies, fruit, and chips, then sat around the fire pits to roast s'mores. Once everyone was stuffed to the brim, we fired up the projector and the girls got comfy on the grass with their pillows, blankets and bags of popcorn for an outdoor movie - The Greatest Showman.
About half way through the movie I went outside to check on the kids and realized it was freezing! So I herded them all into the basement and handed out M&Ms, Skittles, Swedish Fish and licorice while they finished up the movie. It was a fun and casual night and it loved watching the girls have a great time together!
For her birthday dinner, Brooklyn chose Macaroni Grill, and at her 10-year well visit this is how she measured up...
Height: 56.75 = 81 %tile
Weight: 69.5 = 41%tile
What more can I say about Brooklyn than she is obsessed with Harry Potter, her clothes, shoes, and hair. She spends most of her morning deciding what she's going to wear, brushing her hair repeatedly, and styling it a hundred different ways until she's happy (although it's usually different by the time she gets home from school).
She is a ball of pure energy that is ALWAYS in motion! She takes her social life pretty seriously, and enjoys playing soccer three days a week. She is still obsessed with hugging and kissing her little brother and is extremely independent when it comes to getting ready for school and bedtime, making her own meals, and doing her homework. She LOVES salad, but unfortunately eats it like a horse would eat an apple - loud, sloppy, messy! It's a constant form of laughter (and frustration) at the dinner table. She keeps this family on it's toes (and grey hairs growing), and I think one day she'll grow up to be an energetic, charismatic leader! Happy Birthday Brooklyn!
TEN crisp one dollar bills from GPa Pomeroy...
A little bit of artwork by Ella on the Macaroni Grill paper table cloth...
I think she's pretty excited about the amount of money on her Barnes and Noble gift card from Grandma and Grandpa Asay...
I know that look in her eyes that says... "I want to go spend this NOW!"...
A big box of clothes and shoes from Nordstrom from Sugar...
Ummm, what happened to the ONE-person-on-the-trampoline-at-a-time RULE?...
15 girls and only two boys the whole night... such troopers!...
That is a LOT of hot dogs!...
The dinner rush...
Opening gifts on the lawn while waiting for the sun to go down so we could start the movie...
The one and only picture I took of the girls making s'mores because my hands were full of chocolate and graham crackers and sticky from the marshmallow mess...


















No comments:
Post a Comment