We were so excited so many of our friends were in town and available to celebrate with us. We had 70 people here and ate a ton of Mexican food, Texas Sheet Cake and cookies for dinner, along with all the other delicious things everyone brought. The kids played on the Nintendo Switch (Christmas gift from Sugar), basketball, ping pong and anything else they could find in the basement, while the adults talked and played games upstairs.
At about 8:45pm we turned on a New Year's Eve countdown on Netflix and let the kids make as much noise as they could with their noisemakers while popping confetti balloons and throwing poppers and other fire crackers all over the family room and garage until they ran out of supplies. The grownups celebrated the New Year toasting wine glasses filled with Sparkling Cider... and then every single guest was gone by 9:30pm (except Brooklyn's friend, Emily Moonay).
For the next two hours, Ryan, the kids, Emily, and I cleaned up the colossal mess all over the house and then colapsed on the couch to watch the last 30 minutes of the New Year's Eve countdown in New York City until the ball dropped. We said goodbye to Emily and then all headed off to sleep. I couldn't believe everyone made it EASILY until midnight!
The bad news of the whole night was the fact that I thought I got a few pictures and an awesome video of everyone counting down and making lots of noice ringing in the new year; however, I was devestated to find out I pushed the wrong button on my phone and had NOTHING to show for the whole New Year's Eve party! Luckily, the party lasted a little longer for us Asays and Emily, and so I was able to get a few pictures of us celebrating the REAL New Year 2019!...
Emily and Brooklyn tossing around confetti and making noise...
Hudson and his favorite Spiderman costume...
And his favorite Shark PJs...
Ryan, Ella and Brooklyn are just trying to make it to midnight. Ryan wanted to go to bed once we were done cleaning up the party mess, but we made him stay up...
Kendall looks excited for 2019. Oh the possibilities...
So... another exciting thing happened in the new year! On New Year's Day, Ryan bought me a new 2018 Chevy Suburban...
This thing has so many bells and whistles and I'm loving them ALL. My most favorite right now are the HEATED seats! Yay! I also love the back-up camera and sound of my turn signal. Oh, and I will definitely LOVE the sunroof when it's warm enough to open. The kids love the DVD player!...
Saying goodbye to my beautiful, beat up, white Suburban was hard... kinda... well, not that hard....
It got us through some really great years!...
But... New year, new ride... and we couldn't be happier...
Here's to the Asay family and the new year! May the adventures keep on coming...














No comments:
Post a Comment