Saturday, October 10, 2009

A Little Funk

The birthday party is over, all of our family visitors have gone home, and now I'm in a little funk. It's depressing when everyone leaves town and you have to go back to life as usual. Where's the fun in that?! The kids are feeling it, too. Everyone seems a bit cranky.

I guess it's a good thing it's Fall. It's my favorite time of year and the weather has been absolutely amazing. Ella and I finally decorated the house yesterday for Halloween, which lifted my spirits a bit, and the thought of going pumpkin picking in a week or two is helping, too. Still, I sure wish everyone would come back soon.

The birthday party was so much fun. I haven't downloaded all of the pictures yet, so here are a few leading up to the party.
No, Ella didn't turn 40... the black balloons were our "bombs" at the birthday party. I gave everyone a bag of 15 black balloons to blow up while we were watching a football game one night (maybe that's why they left town so soon after the party)... it was Ella and Brooklyn's job to play in them I guess.
Brooklyn enjoying the camera. Her hair is so long in this picture. Unfortunately, it isn't anymore. I took her to get her hair trimmed recently and the crazy lady chopped it all off... and I mean ALL of it.
Ella's entourage. Here we are walking Ella to school. The only one missing in the picture is Jim, who, of course, is on the other side of the camera.
When it's your birthday, school takes on a whole new meaning. I think she loved all of the extra birthday attention she got at school.
Grandpa Asay and the girls. It's amazing how much they both love their grandpa... smart girls!

1 comment:

  1. That pic of grandpa with the girls is so cute. You'll have to send that one to him. It would be a good one for him to have at the clinic to show off his grandkids. He is actually smiling!! Everything looks great! So fun with the fam there. It's fun seeing pics of all y'all. (I have been trying to use that Texas phrase more often. Glad I fit it in there.) We too love Sonic, especially happy hour from 2-5. We have one less than a mile from our house so COME VISIT and I'll get you a drink everyday (but only during happy hour)

    ReplyDelete