Saturday, March 20, 2010

In case you haven't heard...

It's another GIRL! Can you believe it? I know... more pink, more tutus, more hair clips, more jewelry, more DRAMA! Despite what most of you might be thinking, Ryan and I are VERY excited. Deep down we both kinda wanted another girl. Does that make us crazy? Yes, probably, but it should be fun, if not interesting.

On Thursday, Ryan and I took Ella and Brooklyn to the ultrasound. Ella was so excited about going. She'd been talking about it for a week and couldn't wait to see pictures of the baby. However, once we got there, both girls quickly lost interest when they realized the pictures weren't exactly the kind you get when you use your digital camera. They really couldn't tell what anything was on the ultrasound screen. I don't blame them... I could barely tell and most of the time I had to ask the technician what I was looking at (how in the world can they tell it's a kidney?).

Ella had been hoping for a brother, too, so when the technician said it was another girl I wondered if she was disappointed. However, I asked her if she wanted me to try and exchange the baby girl for a boy and she said no. I guess that's good (I don't know what I would have done if she'd said yes).

After the big news, the girls and I (Ryan had to get to work), went out to Einstein Bagels to celebrate with two blueberry muffins and an everything bagel with veggie cream cheese. Delish!

On Friday, Ella took the ultrasound pictures to school for show-and-tell. I told her what each picture was, but I could tell she still didn't quite get it. She kept asking me if we had any "real" pictures of the baby. Hmmm, not yet, but come August 7th, there will be more than I know what to do with.

We literally pulled Ella and Brooklyn straight from bed since our appointment was at the crack of dawn. That is why they look a little disheveled.

2 comments:

  1. So exciting Ash! Cory told me that you called earlier but it was too late your time to call you back. Bummer~cause I knew it was probably about your baby. Good thing for blogs. Your girls are going to have so much fun with another little girl. We are so super exited for you and Ryan. I will give you a ring back tomorrow. Love you!
    Libby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah congrats! I was just looking at your FB and then decided to check your blog as i figured it was more up to date and was wondering if you were thinking about number three when i stumbled across this post. So happy for you. August eh? Not the most fun time to be prego, hope you're doing well. Sarah still talks about Ella every once in a while. Miss you guys! Congrats to you all again!

    ReplyDelete