Yesterday, the girls and I ventured into New York City to spend the day with our awesome Aunt Wendy. The girls were so excited to go to the city again that we arrived at the train station about 35 minutes before our train was scheduled to leave. Five trains came and went while we were waiting and Brooklyn screamed every time, "Choo choo! Choo choo!" She couldn't wait to get on one.
Wendy found this great little diner where the servers sing while you're eating so we stopped there for lunch. The girls thought that was so cool... especially when our waitress dedicated and sang "Part of Your World" from Little Mermaid to "the cute little girls at her table in the back."
After lunch we walked to the Children's Museum of Manhattan, a hands-on children's museum where the girls got to touch, play and learn from the different exhibits. I think their favorite part was the sand table and the giant Light Bright.
We walked through Central Park in the light rain on our way back to Midtown and stopped at a great little cafe for treats. Carrot cake, hot chocolate, berry pastries, fruit salad, oatmeal raisin and chocolate chip cookies was how we filled up for our train ride home, which was wonderful, but we also had an interesting visitor join us at our table unexpectedly. Lets just say our waitress felt so bad for us and thought we were way too nice to this random stranger that she sent us home with a free brownie. (Sorry to say, Wendy, but the painful healthcare conversation you suffered through with him was well worth the free brownie I ate today =-)
The girls and I were exhausted by the end of our trip and unfortunately, the 6:03 pm commuters on our train had to suffer through some loud outbursts from an almost two-year-old. They were nice about it, but would have rather I taken an earlier train home.
Thanks so much Wendy for a great day in NYC! Lets do it again with three girls next time, whatdya say?! =-)
Looks like you had a fantastic day!! I'm glad I got to see you girls, even though just for a second. We miss our favorite neighbors very much...xoxo, Kelly
ReplyDelete