"Pumpkin, pumpkin,
I've been thinking.
You're the finest one I've seen.
Soon you'll be a jack-o-lantern
all lit up for Halloween!"
Does anyone else know this song? I haven't been able to get it out of my head for nearly three weeks now, which is fine because it's Halloween, right?! And boy, there are two little girls in this house who are pretty excited about it!
On Saturday we finally went out on our annual hayride, pumpkin picking adventure to Styer Orchard and we did, in fact, find the finest pumpkins. We carved them last night and I think they all turned out pretty good. Unfortunately, Kendall's didn't last long since Ella and Brooklyn decided to play soccer with it instead.
I'm guessing none of those jack-o-lanterns will last till Sunday, though. We've got squirrels that seem to love pumpkins this year, raccoons who will eat anything, deer who might venture to our front yard for a taste, and of course rain, which we haven't seen all summer long until now.
Brooklyn decided to let me clean out and carve her pumpkin while she ate a sucker. Although, when I was done carving, she requested I carve a third eye.
Super fun! You girls look like models in that one picture with your hair blowing in the wind!
ReplyDelete