Halloween is over. The very few decorations I put out this year have been put away. The pile of candy is still a HUGE pile of candy (apparently my kids don't like candy as much as I do). The costumes have been put back in the closet. And the catchy Halloween music is just starting to fade in my mind (well, kinda). It wasn't quite the Halloween we've had in the past, but the girls still loved it and Brooklyn was old enough this year to get the whole "trick-or-treating" idea, which was fun.
The Halloween festivities actually started on Wednesday with Brooklyn's weekly playgroup. All of the kids came dressed up in their costumes. They played together, made a Halloween craft, read Halloween books and then went trick-or-treating around to all of the moms who held bags of candy. Brooklyn, realizing the Halloween costume she picked out was a little too big, refused to wear it. No surprise there since the girl is IMPOSSIBLE to dress these days. So, she opted to wear a borrowed costume from her best friend Alyssa. No pictures of that event.
On Friday, Ella and her classmates went trick-or-treating around the boro as they do every year. Of course, parents and siblings were invited, too. Ryan even drove home from work to go with us. Ella was surprised and absolutely thrilled to see her daddy there. I have to say this is one of my favorite Halloween activities. It's so fun to see all of the kids dressed in their costumes and I just love walking around the boro to all of the businesses to go trick-or-treating.
Ella picked out her princess costume this year, which she decided looked a lot like Aurora (whoever that is?). Brooklyn, once again, refused to wear her costume, even after I spent all night sewing it to fit her better. And, she didn't want to wear Alyssa's costume again so instead, she wore a pink princess skirt that Aunt Wendy gave Ella like three years ago. (note to self... stop buying new Halloween costumes and just let the girls pick through the dress-up box).
Saturday was the boro Halloween parade. Ryan took the girls while I cleaned the house. After the kids walked down Main Street, the walked to Buttonwood Pavilion and decorated pumpkins.
Saturday night was our Ward trunk-or-treat. It was short and sweet and the girls got loads of candy. It's funny how they like to eat just one or two a day. In fact, Brooklyn hasn't found a single piece of candy in her stash that she even likes. All the other moms said they let their kids eat all of their candy that night until they're sick so it's gone and done with. Yuck. Can you imagine how disgusting you'd feel!? Does anyone else do this?
I'm trying to think of what Brooklyn wore for the Trunk-or-treat. Since I didn't get any pictures this night I have no idea. Oh ya, she wore a white princess costume that Ella wore when we lived in London when she was one-year-old.
On Sunday, we went to church, as usual, but it was our Ward Primary Program. The kids did so great with both their speaking parts and singing. When we got home Ryan asked Ella why she didn't sing any of the songs during the program. Ella said, "Dad, I knew I should sing the songs, but I just didn't feel like it today." Pretty funny.
Despite my concern about keeping the sabbath day holy... I decided to take the girls trick-or-treating to a few houses around ours, which they loved. Brooklyn thought this was awesome. She kept screaming trick-or-treat as we ran from house to house and at the doors she would say it in her really cute voice.
Poor little Miss Kendall missed all of the fun. She was always napping and so she missed all of the opportunities to dress up. So yesterday, I put her in a tutu and crown and snapped a few pictures for her scrapbook. Of course, she looked adorable! =-)
Kendall is getting so big! she's absolutely adorable and i LOVE the tutu over pjs idea.
ReplyDelete