Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Girls...

(Hanging out at the Dr.'s office)

Lets start with Ella...
Ella wants to marry her best friend Michael. I mean really marry him. That's all she talks about and when he comes over to play, that's what they play. They set up their little house, have a few babies, drive their cars to work, fix things around the house, cook meals, etc. It's funny, but a little strange, don't you think?

Ella LOVES school... and I mean L-O-V-E-S!!! We were supposed to go on a family trip to Ithaca the day after Thanksgiving, but when Ella found out she would be missing ONE day of school she went completely nuts. She literally started sobbing uncontrollably. Ryan and I were so caught off guard that we started laughing. When we asked her why she was crying she said she loooooooved school way too much and didn't want to miss even one single day. We didn't go to Ithaca.

Ella vs. Lella. So, Brooklyn pronounces Ella's name "Lella," and apparently it's starting to bug Ella. Therefore, Ella has been giving Brooklyn pronounciation lessons. So far there's been little improvement.

Ella loves to craft anything and EVERYTHING!! There is so much glue stuck to the craft table I'm not even sure if it will ever come off at this point! She loves bugs! We're raising ants right now and building ladybug playgrounds. She loves worms, too, and currently has a composting bin in the backyard full of them. And, of course, she loves Michael. =-)

On to Little Miss B....
Oh Brooklyn, you are so STUBBORN. We've been potty training now for three weeks, and can I just say, you can hold 'it' for a very long time. We haven't had an accident in over a week now, but I haven't had you volunteer to go potty on your own yet either. Instead, I have to watch for the signs, scoop you up off the floor, carry you to the bathroom and pin you to the potty. All the while you scream, "I don't have to go potty" until 'it' finally comes out. Oh the joys.

The whole issue you have with wearing skirts and/or dresses only is starting to get easier for me. I've just come to accept the fact that you will not let me dress you and that wearing only skirts and/or dresses EVERY SINGLE DAY is just fine. Luckily, you seem to have a pretty good sense of fashion (and apparently you think that I DO NOT). So fine. Wear your dresses and skirts and freeze your little bun buns off.

By the way, I am LOVING your new bangs!!!!! We should have cut them ages ago.

My sweet little Kendall....

Oh how I love you (not that I don't love Ella and Brooklyn, too)!!! Let me count the ways...
1. You're already sleeping through the night... 8pm-7am is working really good for me.
2. You made the transition to your new bedroom and crib a piece of cake for everyone involved (you and me =-)
3. You smile and laugh constantly. No matter which sister is screaming in your ear; no matter who I hand you off to at church so I can teach my lesson; no matter if you're throwing up all over the two of us all day (today)! You're just happy... and you make me really happy!
4. You're so easy to please and you very rarely, if ever, cry.
5. You're cute and pudgy.
6. You don't care that most days you don't make it out of your PJs.
7. You love me even when I'm driving you nuts with all of my kisses and "I love yous." Or, at least you're nice enough not to say anything.
8. You're absolutely adorable when you're sucking your thumb. Never mind the fact that you're going to screw up your teeth like Brooklyn. =-)
9. I love that you talk so much already... I'm sure it's your attempt at keeping up with your sisters. Good luck with that one.
10. I know you're just one of Heavenly Father's tricks to get me to have another baby. If they're all like you, I'll have 10 more. =-)

1 comment:

  1. Brooklyn and my Ashlee must be related! Ashlee had a red cowgirl skirt that she wanted to wear everyday because she could "twirl" in it. The problem was she liked to twirl with not undies on! The girl hated underwear! :)
    She also liked to dress herself and it didn't matter what colors, shapes, sizes etc.! Just enjoy...it goes soooo fast! Give the girls hugs and kisses from Aunt Shelley... I too LOVE those girls! :)

    ReplyDelete