This time of year is crazy! I wish it weren't so I could sit back and enjoy the Christmas music playing on my computer, sip a nice hot cup of cocoa and stare at my strangely-decorated Christmas tree.
Instead, I've been up for hours every night surfing Amazon.com trying to find a gift or two for the girls and hoping Amazon can ship it all in time for me to wrap it and shove it under the tree on Christmas Eve. Plus, we've got goodies to bake, crafts to make, school plays to attend, Christmas parties to dress for, etc.
And don't even get me started on the whole Christmas card nonsense. Yes, we are actually doing one this year, but of course, you probably won't get it until after Christmas since we just ordered it online LAST NIGHT! Ryan even talked me into paying extra for "expedited" delivery since we know you're all just DYING to get our card! Let me warn you... it ain't great.
All this craziness at a time when my focus should be on something very different. I mean, think about the Savior... He was born in a simple little manger, wrapped in cloth, and laying on a bed of hay. Simple! What's even more frustrating is trying to teach my little girls the true meaning of Christmas. I don't think they get it. To them, Christmas is all about Santa, gifts, lights, trees, etc. Will that change as they get older? I hope so.
I've been trying to incorporate more Christ-centered activities into our daily routine this year so I hope that helps, but if anyone else has any suggestions, I'd love to hear how you make this time of year more focused on Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment