Tuesday, June 21, 2011

San Antonio

A few days ago, our family flew out to San Antonio, Texas to visit Ryan's sister Andrea and her family. It was probably the hottest week we could have visited Texas (it was a record-breaking heat wave), but we still had a blast. We loved having Grandma and Grandpa Asay there, too.

My girls love hanging out with their cousins... Abby especially. The three girls spent most of their time playing dress up and putting on "shows" for the grown ups to Michael Jackson's "Beat it". They also loved "reading time" with Grandma, who read book after book after book to a very captive audience! The kids spent probably an hour all snuggled together on the couch next to her while she read to them. I can't believe she didn't lose her voice. Thanks for keeping them entertained Christy!
One of the things I enjoyed the most while we were there was the hands-on children's museum. There was so much to see and do there and the kids loved all of the "experiments" the museum had. Ella loved this fish tank...
On another day we visited River Walk. We walked around, took a boat tour and ate lunch at a Mexican restaurant.
No trip to San Antonio would be complete without a trip to the Alamo. Did you know I have a relative who fought in the Alamo? Sam Houston was his name, and of course he died there just like everyone else who fought in the Alamo. Pretty cool, huh!
I love this picture of Brooklyn and Zachary. So cute.
Hello Miss Kendall.
All the cousins except Kendall... Abby, Ella, Brooklyn, Josh, Matthew and Zachary. What a great looking bunch!
Of course, the whole purpose of our visit to San Antonio, was to go to Josh and Abby's baptism. Would you believe I did not get a single picture of them with my camera (Andrea, will you email me one of your whole family?) However, I did manage to snap one of Zachary and Kendall while we were waiting for the baptism to begin.
Thanks for letting us destroy your house Andrea and eat all of your food. We had such a great time and can't wait to come back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment