Thursday, June 2, 2011

Missing May

May is a great month... it's got Mother's Day, my wedding anniversary, and my birthday all wrapped up into just 31 days. Plus, we did some other really fun things this month. So, you can understand then why I'm missing it already.

For Mother's Day, Ella and her classmates hosted a little "garden party" at their school playground for all of the kids' moms. They sang songs, served us cookies and juice, made us a funny little "cookbook," and gave us a pot of basil that they had been growing in their classroom.
For Mother's Day on Sunday, Ryan and the girls packed up a picnic dinner and we rode our bikes to a local park/playground and had a fun time just relaxing and hanging out together. The best part of the day was having Ryan around in the morning to help me get everyone ready for church (all morning meetings were cancelled). Now, maybe next year the Bishop will let him sit with us during Sacrament Meeting instead of on the stand. Wouldn't that be a treat!!
For our TEN YEAR anniversary, Ryan and I went to dinner at the Washington Crossing Inn. Nothing too exciting, but it was nice to have a quiet dinner where we could actually talk. That never happens at home! =-)

For my birthday, the family took me to "the crazy food place," which has kinda become a birthday tradition.
Ella and Brooklyn INSISTED I wear the pink birthday crown to dinner. You can imagine the looks I got from everyone at the restaurant. I'm hoping, the fact that I was with three little girls, explained it all!
Ella also graduated from Preschool... AGAIN! This past year has been awesome for Ella! She had a GREAT teacher, who couldn't say enough nice things about Ella at the graduation picnic, and great classmates. She loved every minute of school and I can only hope she has the same enthusiasm for it next year when she finally gets to start kindergarten.
Ella and her best friend this year, Julia.

Oh, and what joy that we were finally able to go to the beach. I think this was Kendall's first time. I think she loved it. She took a two hour nap in her little beach tent, which I've always dreamed of doing. We stayed all day and I had to drag the girls off the sand. They were exhausted and all fell asleep on the way home. It's never been so quiet in my car... EVER! =-)
And, the one thing I wish I had pictures of is our trip to NYC. Last Saturday, Ella and Brooklyn took me into NYC to see the Lion King. It was my Mother's Day gift. We rode the train and went straight to the Toys R' Us in Times Square. We rode the ferris wheel and the girls picked out little guitars to buy with their Easter money. We at lunch and then went to the show.

Both girls LOVED the show, but it was a little too long for Brooklyn. The whole last half she kept asking, "is it over?" I can't wait to take Ella to another one though. Afterwards, we went to the M & M store and dinner and then I literally had to drag them back onto the train to come home. They didn't want to leave. We had so much fun. Thanks girls for a special day.

No comments:

Post a Comment