Monday, May 30, 2011

Unbroken

I've been reading "Unbroken" by Laura Hillenbrand the past few weeks for my book club. It's given me an even greater appreciation for those who serve our country. I'm so grateful to all of the "warriors" (as Ella calls them) who have and continue to fight for our country. And, since it's Memorial Day, and I have two awesome grandparents who served in WWII, I want to give a shout out to them and tell them how much I love them. THANK YOU for serving our country!
Every year our town has a Memorial Day parade. This year is the first time we've stuck around to watch it because we're usually at our church picnic. We still made it - very late - to our picnic, but we were so happy to have the opportunity to say thanks to our veterans.

No comments:

Post a Comment