Sunday, May 8, 2011

Arizona Adventures-Day 1

I finally got all of my Arizona pictures uploaded onto my computer - all 800 of them. That seems like a lot of pictures, but when I think about everything we did in just 10 days, I totally understand why there are so many.

Since we had SOOOO much fun in Arizona and did SOOOO many fun things, I'm going to have to blog about nearly every single day we were there, starting with our three-day trip to the Grand Canyon...

Day 1 - Grandma Sugar, Jim, Ryan, the three girls and I packed up the Escalade (with 10 times more food than clothes) and headed to an animal park called Out of Africa, just outside of Sedona. Nicole, Presley and Cave joined us for the adventure.

Out of Africa was fun - tigers, lions, camels, snakes, bear, etc. - but the thing that made it so darn cool was the jeep safari ride. It was just like being on safari in Africa (or what I imagine it would be like). The animals came right up to the open-air jeep that we were riding in and the giraffe even stuck it's neck through one of the passenger-side windows of the jeep to the driver's side. How cool is that! We all got to feed it, too, which was really fun. We saw a camel, ostrich, buffalo, all sorts of deer, gazelle, zebra, an enormous ostrich egg, etc. Way cool.

After the animal park we drove to Sedona. Ryan and I are definitely going back to Sedona (ALONE). It's a cute town and it's nestled in the most beautiful area. Of course, I don't think the kids really appreciated the color of the mountains, but that's okay. We ate dinner and ice cream in town at a fun little open-air cafe and then went to our hotel room for a good night's sleep.

It took a while, but all three girls touched the snake.
Presley has her carrot ready to go. Now where's that giraffe?

The giraffe sticking it's head through the jeep window to the driver-side for more carrots. Giraffe have the weirdest, thickest skin.
Giraffes have the longest, curliest tongues, too. The girls and I got an upclose look at this one. Brooklyn was not loving it. She was terrified of the thing.

What a cool picture.
The kids also got to feed the tiger.
This was part of "Tiger Splash." Look how high that tiger is jumping. Crazy.
Sedona mountains... in the parking lot. =-)

No comments:

Post a Comment