Favorite things to do?
Crawl, play in the bathtub and swimming pool (she love water), watch her two crazy sisters.
Favorite book?
"Love from my heart to a precious sweet little girl" - the book plays music and she loves pushing the button and then dancing to the music. It's hilarious!
Teeth?
Yes, nearly eight of them.
Favorite food?
Well, it used to be string cheese, but I think she's sick of it now. She likes just about everything we feed her - except baby food. She's SO done with pureed foods. I don't blame her, however, I'd like to get rid of the few things of baby food we have left. She's also LOVES using utensils. I'm teaching her how to "jab" her fork into the food to pick it up. I'm also trying to teach her not to turn the spoon over when it's full of food!
Bottle?
Well, yes, but today is the last day. She learned how to suck out of a straw at Macaroni Grill on Friday, (just before we had to take her outside because she was being too loud), so I think we'll skip the sippy cup nonsense and go straight to cups with lids and straws.
Formula or milk?
We started her on cow's milk about two weeks ago and I LOVE not paying a fortune on formula! Yippee! Plus, I can just walk down to Wawa and pick up more milk when we run out.
Best friends?
Ella and Brooklyn for sure. Her face lights up and she starts to get all squirmy when she hears their voices or sees them.
Binky or thumb?
THUMBS!!!! The girls sucks on it like there's no tomorrow! AND, I say thumbs with an 's' because she will suck on one thumb if the other one is occupied. She doesn't have a strong preference just as long as she has A thumb in her mouth. In fact, she woke up one morning with a HUGE blister on one of her thumbs. It was disgusting. I tried to bandage it up so it would heal or pop, but she took the bandaid and tape right off and went right back to sucking on it. It's going to be torture getting her to stop sucking her thumbs. I can't even get my three year old to stop!
Favorite word?
Right now it's uh, oh. She says it all the time.
Looks like?
Brooklyn, I think, but comments from other people are that she looks just like a baby doll.
Naps?
She's usually takes two still, but on mornings when she wakes up late, we just do one. She also is a great carseat sleeper. At church on Sunday, I just buckle her into her car seat, set the carseat in one of the empty Primary rooms and go about my Primary duties while she naps. It's soooo nice!
We love you so much, Kendall! Happy first Birthday!
One year ago today...
Ella and Brooklyn couldn't wait to meet Kendall for the first time (although, when this picture was taken, Kendall didn't have a name yet.) Brooklyn seemed so young at the time and she didn't quite get that Kendall was real and not just a doll.
My mom took this picture just minutes after Kendall was born. I think she looks kinda scary in this picture. Can I say that about my new-born daughter?
No comments:
Post a Comment